Thursday, October 14, 2010

Pigments Information

Pigments Through the Ages

http://www.webexhibits.org/pigments/
One of the most valuable resources that I have discovered on the internet to aid in my egg tempera painting is the website "Pigments Through the Ages". This site is a very comprehensive look at artists' pigments, the history of their use, their manufacture, their properties, toxicity, etc. It even has an interactive page that allows the user to go to a pigment (through a color bar) and it will take you to that pigment's complete analysis pages. I suggest that anyone truly interested in painting should examine this website and those serious about their art should keep this bookmarked on their computer browser. After you examine the pages let me know what you think. I find it exciting and exhilarating to be able to examine artist pigments so carefully. I hope that you will feel the same.

No comments: