Friday, June 6, 2008

Painting in egg tempera

Hello
I paint mostly in the medium of egg tempera. It is an ancient technique using egg yoke and pigment over an ink drawing on an absorbent ground. Because of the brittle nature of the final dried painting, the work is painted on a solid support such as a wood panel. I've been painting in this medium for over 30 years and have developed my own technique of handling the medium. I also have successfully painted with the egg mixture on archival watercolor paper. As I post future blogs, I will outline my technique for painting in this fascinating medium and why I feel that it is well worth exploring for many of today's artists. In the meantime, please visit my website at www.petermuzyka.com to see some of my work, read my philosophy on painting the vanishing rural American landscape, and view some of my other works in oils, pen and ink, etc.

No comments: